3 Barriers To Your Home Build & How To Overcome Them
As custom home designers, we believe in creating an enjoyable experience for all our clients, whether you’re a local builder or home buyers designing their dream house. That said, home building projects are not without their challenges, throwing up hurdles which you weren’t expecting to jump over, even with meticulous planning. To overcome these with ease, there are rules you can abide by throughout the build. Whatever barriers you face, we’ll help you overcome them and find solutions. At Elite Design Group, we believe prevention is better than cure, so let’s take a look at how to ensure your build goes as smoothly as possible.
Barrier 1: Disjointed communication
Everything else on a build can be perfect, but if communication is lacking, it’ll throw up problems throughout. Miscommunication not only causes errors, delays and stress to all parties, but it can also affect your enjoyment when building your home.
- A clear budget, defined schedule, and clear ideas will ensure the magic starts from the minute you discuss ideas with your designer.
- Professional teams involved in the build should come together early on in the planning stages. At Elite Design Group, we like to meet with your builder during the initial design stages so that we can communicate with them directly, ensure everyone understands the build requirements (from all sides), and give individuals opportunities to ask questions.
- The early stages are also a great time for you to clarify anything you don’t understand, express your ideas and concerns, and ensures the entire homebuilding team is on the same page.
Barrier 2: Being indecisive
During your home build, you’ll be faced with a plethora of options and decisions to make. While you should be sure your choices are the right for you and be happy with each aspect of the project, being indecisive can cause delays and ensure any unexpected events are more disruptive than they need to be.
- Planning, planning, planning!
- We’ll help you visualize your new home throughout the design process. This includes sketching out ideas before full structural plans are made.
- There’s also plenty of information you can use on our blog to help you be clear about the process, including a step-by-step guide to building your home.
- It’s also wise to fully understand and relay your budgetary requirements from the beginning so that each team on the build can plan for this accordingly, ensuring costs are transparent as possible.
Barrier 3: The wrong fit
However much you implement your homebuilding rules, if your designers and builders aren’t a good match for your needs, you’ll never get what you want out of your build, making your dream home a nightmare in waiting.
- Find a build and design team who fit your needs, by looking at their experience in the area and asking to see past projects they’ve worked on. They should have a portfolio of their work which will give you a clear idea of their style and craftsmanship.
- We’ve also got plenty of advice on how to find a builder so that you choose the right one for you.
- We can provide stock floor plans as well as custom designs to encompass your needs, opening up design possibilities for creating your ideal home.
We work with our clients to ensure each project is as smooth as possible. From high-end home designs to renovation projects, we’ll work closely with your builder to take away much of the hassle for yourselves. Homebuilding will always throw challenges in your path, but use our advice to tackle them with ease.
If you’ve found this article helpful and plan to put our solutions to work, share our blog with others.
Are you a local builder looking for a custom home designer in Charlotte? Fill out the form below to get started